It’s A Major Award!
I got one of these:
From my Owned by Rats glowy-box friend, Bubbe. Check out her site…it’s waaaaaay cool.
So, umm…I think I’m supposed to first thank all the little people – the Munchkins, all of the Dwarfs – even though that Grumpy can be a real pain! And the children…let’s not forget the children.
So here’s a great big Thank You to Bubbe and all the little people:
Now, for the Seven Things You Need to Know About Me:
1) I’m utterly, totally, completely, boring-ly normal.
2) I’m happily married – for nearly 37 years now.
3) I have written one complete manuscript – a YA fantasy/sci-fi – and NOT ONE publisher or agent will read it. *sniffle*
4) I love cats, dogs, rats, bunnies, horses, and would have a gozillion of each if I didn’t have the Voice of Reason a/k/a hubby living with me.
5) I’m working on a non-fiction manuscript (that no one will read/publish) about my life with Dad. He died last summer of Alzheimer’s. It’s been a LOT harder to do than I thought it would be. Hence the slooooooooow progress.
6) I love my job. Rare these days, but there you have it. I love my boss, I love my company. I’m very content.
7) I have seven grandchildren, so far, and each of them are pure perfection. I also have four children – 2 boys, 2 girls – and they are very-nearly perfect themselves. They take after their Daddy….obviously.
And, now, for the fifteen nominees:
1. Animals Talking in All Caps – this guy is freakin’ hilarious
2. Better After – I love restoring/reusing old stuff, so this site is one of my favorites.
3. EPBOT – Jen of ‘Cake Wrecks’ fame has her own li’l corner of the Web here.
4. Go Away – no I don’t mean you ‘go away’, I mean David Thorne’s site. He’s utterly rude, annoying, and will make me laugh to tears. My only gripe, David, is you don’t post enough!
5. It Just Gets Stranger – if I were a LOT younger, not married, and lived anywhere near Palau, I’d so stalk Eli McCann. He’s that funny/wonderful. Go check him out.
6. Letters of Note – I’ve re-blogged from this site a number of times. It’s my go-to for when I need to be reminded that not everyone is an illiterate buffoon that writes in a garbled letter/number manner with no insight into their soul.
7. Little White Lion – I just clicked on it, and today there’s a recipe for a 15 lb. Snickers bar. Need I say more? I think not.
8. The Problem With Young People Today Is….- even though it’s been over a year since he updated the site, this old geezer tells it like it is…and I love him for that.
9. Messy Nessy Chic – an offbeat and unique blog..lots of fun
10. This Is Colossal – and hoo-boy is it ever! I can lose an entire day here.
11. Pleated Jeans – no filler, just funny…and oh yeah..every day something new.
12. Jason Good – he’s a writer! he’s a comedian! he’s a very funny family man!
13. Dump a Day – no it’s not a prescription for feeling good, it’s a site with a lot of fluff to make you smile/laugh/happy.
14. Penny’s Vintage Home – another decorating/DIY site. This woman is very talented, and very creative.
15. Thrifty Decor Chick – my kind of DIYer – thrifty and creative.
Go show some love to these people and if you waste a WHOLE day visiting the sites, just remember it’s not my fault!